Managing Director - 1776 MENA
* Seasoned international executive; 20+ years of startup/turnaround leadership roles with ICT multinational firms, SME’s, and government; currently Innovation Advisor at UAE Prime Minister’s Office
* 15+ years in emerging markets; 11 years with IT blue chips Intel and CA Technologies, setting up and expanding their Middle East, Africa, and Eastern Europe operations; 3 years launching new ventures for Middle East giants such as sovereign wealth fund Mubadala, telecom operator du, and conglomerate National Holding.
* 20+ years in entrepreneurship; including award-winning technology ventures in the US and the Middle East with successful exits to IBM (Easel), Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen (Aimtech), and Thomson Reuters (Zawya.com). Active in mentorship and innovative Ed-Tech blended learning programs (e.g. SeedStartup for new entrepreneurs and Arabia 500, SME Evolution Program for high-growth SME’s)
* Started career in aerospace systems with Raytheon and CTA in the US
* Master’s Degree from Stanford University, Bachelor’s Degree from Northeastern University (global pioneer in cooperative education), YMP from INSEAD on Intel’s sponsorship
* Social Responsibility: Stanford UAE Alumni Club founder; original member, United Nations ICT (UNICT) Arab Task Force and the Young Arab Leaders organization; ‘Internet Education’ radio show host in Dubai. Drove ground-breaking CSR initiatives in the Arab world, e.g. “Intel Teach” ICT teacher training program