Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi Graduates Six New Startups at its Second Demo Day
Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi held its Fall 2015 Demo Day event with six new startup companies graduating its second cycle of the four-month accelerator program supported by twofour54.
The Demo Day gave an opportunity for the six high-growth potential startups to pitch their startup ideas to potential investors and business professionals to initiate their post Demo Day growth phase and next round of development.
Held at the Park Rotana Hotel, the Fall 2015 Demo Day debuted a diverse group of entrepreneurs hailing from the UAE, Egypt, Jordan, India, Pakistan and Greece, with businesses spanning diverse digital sectors from marketing analytic tools, education and school marketplaces and hardware IoT.
The accelerator program developed by Flat6Labs encompasses a heavy dose of mentorship, hands-on support, and feedback for early stage startups. More than 200 mentors, coaches, trainers and corporate partners were handpicked and recruited to work with the Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi’s entrepreneurs during the 14-week program, from one-on-one coaching to making personal connections to investors.
Highlighting the success of the Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi Cycles, Ramez Mohamed, the CEO of Flat6Labs, said “We are very excited to be graduating the second cycle of the Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi accelerator program and introducing a new pipeline of six high quality start up companies to the angel and VC investor community in the UAE and beyond, which builds on the great success that the first cycle of the program has achieved.”
H.E. Noura Al Kaabi, CEO of twofour54, commented: “twofour54 has been a supporter of Flat6Labs since its establishment in Abu Dhabi in 2014, as we share the same goal of encouraging and nurturing entrepreneurship in the region. Small and medium enterprises make up the majority of private sector employment in the UAE so it is important that we support entrepreneurs now as they will be key employers of tomorrow. The second cycle of Flat6Labs has resulted in six new businesses with commercial potential and I wish them every success in progressing their business plans.”
The Demo Day was attended by Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi mentors, business executives, governmental representatives, press and investors who were keen on witnessing the development and progress of the second Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi graduating startups.
The Six startups that presented on Flat6Labs Abu Dhabi’s Demo Day include:
- Dashroad is a Platform-as-a-Service company that focuses on bringing out the data from cars to help build a platform of connected car applications.
- Feedspeed is a technology platform that enables on demand app creation for offline retailers looking to have a mobile presence.
- Jumpsuite is a global marketplace for personalised fitness and nutrition plans or the AIRbnb of Health and Fitness.
- Susurrus enables brands to run influencer marketing campaigns and track analytics.
- StudentCart is a dedicated school marketplace that allows parents be to purchase essential products and services online and get access to dozens of additional value-added services and promotions.
- Metaphorio is an online platform where video producers can easily collaborate on scripts, designs, storyboards, and videos.